XviD Codec is a codec for Windows that will let you get the most from your videos and media.
There's no doubt that XviD is an excellent media codec, allowing excellent compression ratios without sacrificing quality. If you're a connoisseur, or you're having problems viewing XviD media, you may want to try downloading the XviD Codec. It will allow you to make tiny adjustments to XviD specifications that will allow you to get the most when playing them.
There's no central XviD Codec interface. Instead, go to your Start Menu and access the Encoder and Decoder specifications from there. As you might expect, these codec specs are pretty technical, so you'd want to know what you are doing before you go poking around. XviD Codec also comes with an XviD MiniConvert, and a selection of Advanced tools - like a StatsReader, FourCC Changer and Quantization Matrices - that XviD experts will want to investigate.
If you are having problems with - or want to perfect - XviD rendering, download this XviD Codec.
- * xvidcore
- Updated implementation of IDCT/FDCT to match error spec of
- MMX/SSE code
- Added "make info" to unix Makefile
- Removed debian directory from release tarballs
- Made multi-threading (pthread support) switchable at compile time
- * VFW frontend
- Minor GUI changes
- * DShow/MFT frontend
- GUI cosmetics
- Updated MSVC project files with seperate build configs for MFT-enabled binary